1. How would you search for an exact word or phrase?
You can search for an exact word or phrase by using double quotes around the search term. For instance, “Have no fear of perfection”.
2. How would you search for something on a specific site?
By using command or control + f and typing the word you are looking for in the find bar, you can search for words on a specific site. Push enter to go through the results until the right one shows up.
3. How would you correctly search for a definition?
By using the “define” operator, which you would do by adding define before the word, you can search for its definition. For example, define humor.
4. How would you search for a specific product available within a specific price range?
You would search for a specific product including your specific price range, firstly, by entering the product name, followed by the lowest and highest price range with two periods in between. For instance, the query for a pair of socks priced between $5.00 and $10.00 would look like this: socks $5..$20.
5. How would you search for a specific filetype?
To search for specific filetypes, add the term filetype: before the extension name, with no spaces, then follow with the title which you are searching for. For instance, filetype:pdf yoshimoto.
6. How would you include or ignore words in your search?
By using the – sign in front of the term you want to ignore, you can exclude that term from your results. For example, salsa -food.
7. How would you find sites/pages similar to an existing one?
To find sites/pages similar to an existing one, use the “related:” operator. For example, related:theweathernetwork.com.
8. How would you confirm the exact form of a quote even if you were missing some of the words?
You can use the “asterisk” operator by replacing the missing word in your search with the asterisk. For instance, “women are the real * of society”.
9. How would you search for pages containing two connected words?
By using the underscore operator, you can search for pages containing two connected words. For instance, concerts_toronto.
10. How would you search for social media content containing a specific tag?
To search for social media content containing a specific tag, use the hashtag (#) symbol followed by the tag. For instance, #dogstagram.
Want more information? Click here for more from Google itself.